Pages

DIY: Pocket Design

Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Today my more creative side came out and I decided to jazz up a t-shirt I'd bought from H&M. I'd gotten inspiration from a lot of Brandy Melville pocket design t-shirts I'd seen in store. The process was very simple and the changed shirt was finished in just half an hour. Here's what I did...



To start with, I chose an image I wanted to print on to my new t-shirt. I searched through Google Images and found this one of a little alien holding up a peace sign. Unfortunately I don't know who the artist is, but it I still found it super cute and decided it would look great on the pocket of my t-shirt.

Next, I took the image and placed it in a document (I used Microsoft PowerPoint). Since I would be transferring this image on to a piece of material, I needed to flip the image round so it was reversed. I printed two in case I messed up cutting around the first one.

I printed the document on to iron on paper. This is most likely available at craft stores, but I ordered a pack of iron on paper on Amazon last year. Whilst the image printed, I read the instructions which came with the paper to make sure I prepared the image properly before transferring it.

As the instructions state, you want to get rid of as much of the white background as possible. This was my before and after from when it printed to after I finished cutting around the images.

Next, I placed my t-shirt on my ironing board and ironed over where I would be transferring the image to (the pocket) in order to prepare the material. Once I had done that, I took the alien picture and placed it image down and ironed over it for approximately 20 seconds. Next, I took the 'Peace Out' text and placed it underneath the alien, then ironed over this for around 10 to 15 seconds.

 I left the paper to cool down for around a minute and a half, and then carefully pealed it off the material. This was the result of the transfer and I'm super happy with how it turned out!

And here's some pics of the t-shirt on!
Hope you guys like it as much as I do!


*Disclaimer: The alien image I transferred to my shirt is not mine. I found it online and unfortunately I could not find the artist to give them credit. If anybody knows the artist please leave a comment below to their page so I can credit them. I only used the image because I really liked it - I will not be making money from their design and I am not selling this shirt.*

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |